A Day at the
Visitors can expect a full day of things to do and
see. From exploring the display and exhibits hall, guided tours
of the public and professional telescopes, guided tours of the
off-grid visitors centre and shows in the planetarium. Visitors
can also dine at our restaurant and get souvenirs at the boutique.
Outside there will be themed architectural elements in the main
plaza and a multi-kilometre marked planetary trail that will show
you the scale of the solar system. In the evening we will offer
twilight programs in our amphitheatre. In addition many special
activities will be available, such as invited guest speakers.
At night visitors will have the opportunity to view with our
public telescopes; the most powerful in the world.
A 'typical' day at the observatory might include:
- Planetarium show: 45 minutes
- Guided tours of the off-grid Visitors Centre: 1hour 20 minutes
- Guided tours of the professional and public telescopes: 1 hour
- Display and exhibit hall: 2 hours
- Marked planetary trail: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Special display area: 30 minutes
- Twilight presentations in the amphitheatre: 45 minutes
- Viewing with the public telescopes: 2 hours
There are more than 6 hours of daytime activities, and an additional
2 hours of telescope night time viewing. This leaves plenty of
time for a meal at the restaurant and exploring the boutique and
front lobby video walls and exhibits.
In addition there are several special activities that will be
- Private viewing with the public telescopes: all night
- Overnight sleepover under the [planetarium] stars: all night
- Meteor viewing in the summertime: 2.5 hours
- Lectures: 90 minutes
For visitors who may want to try some night sky photography,
a 30" telescope designed for 'deep sky' will be available
and our tracking mounts can be used with user supplied cameras
to take stunning photos of our extraordinary night sky.
At a later phase we also plan to a have a large star festival,
and fully serviced RV and camping areas.
Ticket pricing will be announced on our ticket